The Tiger Tribune

Flip on Over to Gail’s Carriage Way

Allison E., Reporter

Gail’s Carriage Way is an excellent restaurant and pancake house. It offers a welcoming atmosphere for breakfast or lunch. They’re open everyday from 7 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Some hours are busier than others, so you might want to go at a time that isn’t so busy.

When you walk into Gail’s Carriage Way, you will see every single table occupied with people enjoying their food and chatting with each other. The servers carry plates of food to tables. You can really smell the pancakes. You might have to wait a while for a table depending on how many people are with you and the day and time you arrive. The place is bigger than it looks with black lamps hanging from the ceiling and a counter bar area in the front of the restaurant.

The menu is similar to IHOP, but better. They have a variety of food to chose so it’s hard to pick one. There’s crepes, pancakes, waffles, French toast, and more. The Our Colors crepes are delicious, amazing, and appetizing. There are no words to describe it. You can really smell and taste the strawberries, blueberries and the freshly cooked crepes. The cost for the our colors crepes is worthwhile. You get three big crepes with lots of strawberries, blueberries, and vanilla cream on top and inside the crepes.

The French toast is also tasty, but it just needs a stronger flavor. It smells and tastes like cinnamon. The orange juice at Gail’s Carriage Way is really satisfying and sweet that you will want more. The only problem is that the refills aren’t free. It is a little pricy for a cup of orange juice, but it may be worth it for some people. The orange juice tastes like orange juice found at Mariano’s and Jewel Osco. 

Not only is the food delicious, but the servers are friendly, attentive, and patient. They don’t rush you at all when it comes to ordering your food, but simply come back later to see if you’re ready to order. This is a great place for eating with family or friends.

Next time when you’re in the mood for some crepes, pancakes, French toast, or simply just something good to eat come on into Gail’s Carriage Way. After one bite of their food, you and your taste buds will be astonished. 4 PAWS

Gail’s Carriage Way is located at 340 W. Half Day Rd., Buffalo Grove, IL 60089

About the Writer
Allison E., Reporter

Allison is a 7th grader at CS. She has a brother and two sisters. She loves to read, play tennis, and bake with her Mom.  Her favorite subject is Art...