The Student News Site of Carl Sandburg Middle School

The Tiger Tribune

The Best Game Of The Year

Benny Quebrado and Joaquin Romero

Overwatch is one of my favorite games and it may be for most people. The reason why its because it won game of the year in 2016.It is still getting constant updates for holidays events and etc.. However most people think it ripped off battleborn but just look at the difference how perfected and clean cartoony graphics overwatch has against Battle Born. For being Blizzard’s first first person shooter game it was a very successful project. So far Overwatch has made more heros (character) to play in this team based game such as Ana,Sombra,Orisa and Doomfist.Throughout this game there’s been short animated films that explain most characters background or  comics. They have a very well  written background about a omnic crisis (robot war) so throughout maps u defend or take the payload to its point. For an example Genji and Hanzo are brothers and are part of a clan. They both can harness the power of the dragon (there ultimate). The clan leader asked Hanzo to show if he was a proven true member so the leader told him to assassin his brother. This game brings a new type of first person shooter. Each hero has abilities passives and ultimates. Abilities are special moves that either deal damage, boost, or heal but that differs from each character. Passives are extra feature that some characters have like genji can double jump and climb walls while others can’t. Last but not least ultimates are the thing that can steer your game into losing and into winning. However they work best if you know how to use them. Every hero has one that builds up by playing and taking damage. Each heroes have a different one like for Hanzo his is that when he shoots an arrow it’s basically a beam of two dragons rotating toward a single direction and if you stand or walk into it you almost die instantly. Overwatch has made several buffs(increase in hero’s stats) and debuffs(hero’s stats get lowered). They have been leveling the plain to make all heroes equal but not too overpowered. The reason why this is because each hero’s counters another hero and each hero cancels another hero so its even, and make all heros technically overpowered. Although this game may be hard it sure does take skill to rank up through competitive and lucio ball too. However if competitive and lucio ball isn’t your thing then just play 3v3 or 1v1 or any creative game modes the community has created. As you can tell this game is very crisp ,colorful, amazing, game and that’s why I am telling you won’t regret buying this game.

3 Comments

3 Responses to “The Best Game Of The Year”

1. Freddie F. on September 14th, 2017 1:12 pm

How long did it take you to do this post?

[Reply]

2. Oliver S. on September 14th, 2017 6:41 pm

I really enjoyed on how you explained the game. I’m interested in getting the game since you explained how interesting it was.

[Reply]

3. Aurelio S. on September 19th, 2017 9:46 pm

I never thought of playing the game “Overwatch.” This game sounds like it could suit me well and be very fun to play. I will have to play this game sometime in future.

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• The Best Game Of The Year

A&E

Reasons For Seasons

• The Best Game Of The Year

A&E

How do I start Drawing?!

• The Best Game Of The Year

A&E

Upcoming Fire Games

• A&E

Helpful Art Materials

• The Best Game Of The Year

A&E

Logic Sir Robert James Bryson Hall III

• The Best Game Of The Year

A&E

The Beginning of Beginnings

• A&E

The Glitches That I Have Found

• A&E

Life of paint

• A&E

What PC Gaming Really is

• The Best Game Of The Year

A&E

Behind the Picture: Patterns and Emotions

The Best Game Of The Year