The Student News Site of Carl Sandburg Middle School

What PC Gaming Really is

September 13, 2017

When people think of PC Gaming they usually talk about basic popular stuff like minecraft and steam, but the PC gaming race is much more than you expected . PC gaming is way more complicated and expensive, sure you can just buy a  Xbox and a PS4, But if you want a better experience, upgrade to PC gaming. The only downside is to have a good gaming PC for the best experience you would spend up to $2000 for a pre build  that can handle roblox at 80 Fps and up to $4000 for a custom Pc that you personally build at home with parts you buy online that can handle games nicely and smoothly. Every Pc has these things such as a Motherboard, GPU or CPU, Graphics card, Power Supply, Ram or memory, storage, and last case.There are more like Keyboards, Mice, headset, microphones, desk, speakers, and Cable Management. Logitech, Razer, Corsair, Asus, are key sites to find the top gaming gear for the best price Wink*.

The Motherboard is the Heart of a PC without it it won’t work because it holds the power of the cpu, ram, power supply, and graphics card.But certain gear is compatible with each type of motherboard.

In a personal computer, a GPU can be present on a video card, or it can be embedded on the motherboard or—in certain CPUs—on the CPU die. The term GPU was popularized by Nvidia in 1999, who marketed the GeForce 256 as “the world’s first GPU“, or Graphics Processing Unit.

A computer’s microprocessor is usually busy with other work, so the graphics card handles this. The card has a chip called a Graphics Processor Unit, a microprocessor specialized for video calculations. The GPU lets the computer’s main processor do its job, allowing the computer to run at full speed.

A power supply unit (or PSU) converts mains AC to low-voltage regulated DC power for the internal components of a computer. Modern personal computers universally use switched-mode power supplies. Some power supplies have a manual switch for selecting input voltage, while others automatically adapt to the mains voltage.

Random Access Memory, or RAM (pronounced as ramm), is the physical hardware inside a computer that temporarily stores data, serving as the computer’s “working” memory. Additional RAM allows a computer to work with more information at the same time, which usually has a dramatic effect on total system performance.

The Tiger Tribune • Copyright 2017 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in