The Tiger Tribune

The show that drafts you into curiosity.

Unknown Author

Unknown Author

Erik A., Blogger

Stranger Things“, a Netflix Original that released in July, 15 of 2016 is a show based on mystery, and sci-fi, and warning, spoiler alert incoming. This show takes place back in 1983, the beginning of the show it shows the camera slowly aims towards a facility. Whilst it zooms underneath the facility, it shows a man in a lab coat running whilst alarms blaring out. He continuously runs towards what appears to be an elevator. He repeatedly spams the button to go up, while the elevator takes a while to prepare, frantically looks towards the hallway, you can hear growling, once he looks up at his elevator, he get eaten by a creature called the Demogorgon. Than now we go to our main characters Mike, Lucas, Dustin, and Will. They’re shown playing a role-playing game called Dungeons and Dragons, and which Mike summons the Demogorgon (in the game). While Will throws a dice to get a number 13 or higher, but the dice scatters somewhere else, at the moment when they are searching for the dice, Mike had to go to sleep, and everyone else left. While Will was traveling back home on his nike, the light of his bike flickered on and off. Then he saw a tall, slim creature walking down the street, With anxiety, Will turned a sharp turn and manged to go to his house, only to find out his mother (Joyce) and his brother (Jonathan) where not there at his house. He went to his backyard shed to hide and defend himself, at the end the Demogorgon captured him. Later on this episode Joyce can’t find Will and relies on another character named Chief Hopper. He can’t be found at school or anywhere. Thats is where Hawkins Laboratory, who have conducted many experiments, is responsible for many things of the disappearance of Will Byers. Mike, Dustin and Lucas continuously attempt to find him. While the Demogorgon is out loose, a weird portal which leads you the a place called The Upside Down, a parallel world. A young girl named Eleven, who has been tested numerous times by Hawkins Lab, has escaped into the town where the four main character live. Eleven is being pursued by Hawkins Lab, in which the reason is that she has psionic powers. Later on Eleven and our main characters meet each other while Eleven is on the run. And that is just the first episode. Other important episodes are Episode three, where Joyce finds out that Will is alive and he can communicate with her through lights, four, is when search parties found Will’s body at a lake and an autopsy is performed, but it is not his body, five, is where the boys found out how to travel to an alternate dimension and later found out Will is alive, six is the episode when Nancy (Mike’s sister) and Jonathan have seen the creature themselves , and eight is the last episode of the first season, where Dr.Brenner, head of Hawkins Lab holds Joyce and Hopper for questioning, due to both of them finding out what else lies in Hawkins Lab, Mike, Dustin, Lucas, and Eleven are being pursued by Hawkins agents. At the end of the episode, Will is brought back to the normal world, Eleven battles the Demogorgon and manages to vanquish the creature. But at the very end Will coughs up some sort of parasite, and starts getting flashbacks from the time when he was at The Upside Down, or are they flashbacks? This show is the best show ever.

3 Comments

3 Responses to “The show that drafts you into curiosity.”

1. Luis I. on November 27th, 2017 8:09 am

I liked the way the you explained parts of of the show. You really intrigued people to keep reading.

[Reply]

2. Xavier P. on November 27th, 2017 8:11 am

I like this whole story to the blog, but are you recapping or are you trying to tell why it interests you?

[Reply]

3. Lauren P. on November 30th, 2017 11:19 pm

I like how you kept the story short and gave the main details instead of explaining minor parts. I think you should write about what you felt during certain points in this shows.

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• The show that drafts you into curiosity.

A&E

Upcoming Racing Games Of 2018

• A&E

Types of People You See at the Movies

A&E

“Thor: Ragnarok” Shocks All Viewers

A&E

Circle Of Fifths Explained

A&E

Dance to Mi Gente

A&E

Theorising About “Stranger Things” Third Season

A&E

Blizzard’s best selling game.

A&E

Reasons For Seasons

A&E

How do I start Drawing?!

A&E

Upcoming Fire Games

The Student News Site of Carl Sandburg Middle School