The Tiger Tribune

Who will be the Next Superbowl Winner?

Grace S., Blogger

The playoffs are hard to get into.  The Patriots, Eagles, Vikings, Steelers, Saints, Jaguars, Rams, Panthers, Falcons, Chiefs, Titans, and the Bills all made it.

The first games of the playoffs were the wild card games. The Titans pulled off the win against the Chiefs but it was a hard fought battle, the final score was 22 to 21. The Falcons defeated the Rams 26 to 13.  The Jaguarss and Bills played a low scoring game, 10 to 3 and the Jaguars pulled off the victory. The Panthers and Saints game was also good.  It was going back in forth and hard to determine who you thought was going to win. The game ended with a score of 31 to 26 and the Saints won.

The divisional playoffs which raised the bar with team skills. The first game was between the Eagles and the Falcons.  These are two of the best NFC teams in the playoffs but only one of them made it to the next stage, and that’s the Eagles.  The second game featured last years Superbowl winner, the Patriots, and the Titans. The game was not as good as the other games, but the Titans made a good effort.  They did not pull off the win.  The next game was the Steelers and the Jaguars.  It’s the highest scoring game so far in the playoffs, 45 to 42. The Jaguars pulled off this win, but the Steelers were only a field goal away from evening up the score and sending the game into overtime. The last was between the Saints and the Vikings. This game was also very close, 29-24, and the Vikings took home the victory with an exciting final play.

People were looking at last year’s Superbowl winners, especially their all-star quarterback Tom Brady, to see if they could pull off another Superbowl.  That would mark his 6th championship.  People were also looking at the Eagles and their quarterback Carson Wentz, but he got hurt this season so it’s all up to their back up quarterback Nick Foles. The Eagles were not expected to do this well this year, but they did earn a record of 14 and 3.

The Jaguars and the Patriots faced each other in a hard game. The Jaguars controlled most of the game until the last quarter.  The Patriots pulled off the win and are heading to the Superbowl. The final score of the game 24 to 20.  The Vikings were looking to beat the Eagles so they would have hometown support in the Superbowl.  The Eagles controlled the whole game and only allowed the Vikings one touchdown. The final score of the game was 38-7.

The Patriots and the Eagles met in Superbowl LII. I predicted this would be a close game because both teams were some of the best in the league. The game was great with fantastic plays.  The Eagles led most of the time, but the Patriots scored and took the lead in the fourth quarter. The Eagles scored a touchdown to take back the lead, but the Patriots were moving when Tom Brady got sacked and lost the ball.  The Eagles got the ball back and pulled ahead. The Eagles beat the Patriots for their first Superbowl win, 41-33.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Who will be the Next Superbowl Winner?”

1. Luke H. on February 7th, 2018 11:12 am

I think this is a good blog about the 2017 NFL postseason. It’s good for anybody that’s not that big into football but still wants to know what’s going on, or wants to start getting into football.

[Reply]

2. Franklin M. on February 13th, 2018 8:41 am

Perfect job on your blog. I think this blog is very detailed. I can’t wait for the next NFL season. I watch a lot of football and I don’t like waiting for the next season. I predict that the Vikings and Falcons will go to Super Bowl.

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Who will be the Next Superbowl Winner?

Sports

Backpacking on Wheels

Sports

Skateboard Brands

• Sports

Volleyball Tournament Returning Next Week

Sports

The Best Team In The NBA!

Sports

On the Road to the Super Bowl

Sports

Our Experiences with Volleyball

Sports

Ms. Kane Teaches Volleyball Skills to Team

• Sports

Softball Blog

Sports

Best Team In The NFL?

Sports

Off the Mat: My Cheer Story and Struggles

The Student News Site of Carl Sandburg Middle School
Who will be the Next Superbowl Winner?