Movie Review: Instant Family and Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle

photofrom%0Awww.grandsierraresort.com

photofrom www.grandsierraresort.com

Alina Guzman, Writer

Instant Family

Hello, fellow readers I have a new movie recommendation for you it’s called Instant Family. Instant Family is about a couple that were missing something in their lives so they decided to adopt 1 young child but ended up with 3, one being a rebellious teenager with problems. They find themselves in a tough reality when they realize the kids have real problems and were not like the classes they took.

During their journey of taking care of the kids they wanted to take them back many times but found that they were getting attached and so were the children. Except for one the oldest named Lizzy who was hoping that her mother was going to come back for her and her siblings only to find out that her mother was not ready to be a mother again and was struggling with addiction. As Lizzy starts to fall apart her foster parents Ellie and Pete show her that they care for her and her siblings and truly love her as their child.

I give this movie 5 stars because I think it really shows the reality of trying to adopt a child. And I also shows the reality and struggles of what it is like to be a teenager. I feel like a lot of movies and shows just focus on the parents but I love that they show different perspectives. This movie shows that people have issues caused by real flaws (addiction, neglect, abuse). I love the character Lizzy because the actress, Isabela Merced, was young when she played Lizzy. Instead of a 30-40-year-old playing a teenager, they choose someone young that can actually play the role.

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle

Hello fellow readers, I have a new movie recommendation. It’s called Jumanji.

Jumanji is about 4 high school kids who are all different that discover an old video game counsel and get sucked in becoming avatars in a live-or-die situation. If they want to come back to the real world you have to beat the game. This movie is definitely for you if you like movies from different perspectives. All teenagers are very different with different personalities. This movie will definitely be 5/5 stars for you if you played the game or seen the original movie. Gamers definitely would love this movie. Great actors, a lot of people’s favorite actors are definitely in this movie. Actors like Kevin Hart, Dwayne Johnson, and Jack Black make this movie enjoyable. Definitely a good comedy/adventure full of surprises.

I enjoyed the perspective they get about themselves towards the middle and end. I would recommend this movie to anyone looking for a good adventure filled with laughter and everyone’s favorite actors like Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart.