The Student News Site of Carl Sandburg Middle School

The Tiger Tribune

The Tiger Tribune

The Tiger Tribune

Photo from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheer_%28TV_series%29
Sports
5 6 7 8 Cheer
Alexa Puga, Writer • April 25, 2024
https://en-academic.com/dic.nsf/enwiki/563111
(WRECKGAR TFA)
A&E
Transformers Character Ramble
Stormii Salgado, Writer • April 25, 2024
Photo from https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/kanye-west-announces-2024-presidential-bid-amid-controversy/
A&E
Do you know Kanye West as well as me?
Alex Strachn, Writer • April 25, 2024
Brian Bulkas story
Opinion
Brian Bulka's story
Jimmy Pogachnik, Writer • April 24, 2024
Champions League Quarter Finals (Who will go through semis?)
Sports
Emanuel Guerrero, Writer • April 24, 2024

The Kings of R&B

Frank Ocean

Some may disagree but I think that Frank Ocean is the best musical artist. Frank Ocean is an R&B artist and finding songwriters who can make music as well as Frank Ocean is rare because he has an amazing ability to tell a story through his songs. All of Frank Ocean’s songs are really unique and different.

In my personal opinion Blonde is Frank Ocean’s best album because the album makes lots of personal connections and it easily connects with listeners through emotion. The album deals with self-identity, love, and loss, which is clear in every song.

The second-best album in my opinion is Channel Orange. This album is all about how he fell in love during the summer and everything was orange because of the topic there are a lot of emotions in each song which connect with the listener. Moreover, Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd, and Sly and the Family Stone were all considered musical and lyrical influences over Channel Orange.

Frank Ocean’s final album is Nostalgia, Ultra. Nostalgia, Ultra has a unique R&B aesthetic and features. The album has surreal lyrics and the songs mostly focus on interpersonal relationships, personal reflection, and social commentary.

Because of his unique albums and unique way of songwriting, Frank Ocean is the best musical artist in my opinion. Every one of Frank Ocean’s songs has had emotion and connection behind the lyrics that really connect with each and every listener. His ability to tell a story within his songs is amazing because it shows that there is meaning behind every single lyric. All of this is why I think Frank Ocean is the best musical artist.

The Weekend

The Weekend is a Canadian singer and songwriter famous for his many popular songs and albums. The Weeknd’s most popular song was Blinding Lights published on November 29, 2020. He has a lot of albums but my favorites are House of Balloons, After Hours, and Beauty Behind the Madness.

House of Balloons is a great album and it’s stated that the album easily stands as one of the year’s best debuts so far. The Weeknd wrote this album based on his own past experiences from partying. The album has developed a dark aesthetic that matches well with the songs.

After Hours is another one of the Weeknd’s great albums. It has a bunch of good songs to fit every mood. The songs in the album are based on heartbreak, escapism, loneliness, promiscuity, overindulgence, self-loathing and regret. The songs in After Hours can be described as romantic and sexy.

Beauty Behind the Madness is an alternative R&B album. The story behind Beauty Behind the Madness is that a Prisoner examines Abel’s lifestyle, through the song he realizes he’s addicted to his “empty life” and that addiction is holding him back from a chance at love. The album then won the Grammy Award for Best Urban Contemporary Album and received a nomination for Album of the Year in 2015.

These aren’t the only albums by The Weeknd he also has many more unique and amazing albums. In total, he has 19 albums all filled with really good music. I think The Weeknd is one of the best music artists that you will find and everything that I just told you about his music and his albums will prove that.