The Student News Site of Carl Sandburg Middle School

The Tiger Tribune

The Tiger Tribune

The Tiger Tribune

Photo from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheer_%28TV_series%29
Sports
5 6 7 8 Cheer
Alexa Puga, Writer • April 25, 2024
https://en-academic.com/dic.nsf/enwiki/563111
(WRECKGAR TFA)
A&E
Transformers Character Ramble
Stormii Salgado, Writer • April 25, 2024
Photo from https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/kanye-west-announces-2024-presidential-bid-amid-controversy/
A&E
Do you know Kanye West as well as me?
Alex Strachn, Writer • April 25, 2024
Brian Bulkas story
Opinion
Brian Bulka's story
Jimmy Pogachnik, Writer • April 24, 2024
Champions League Quarter Finals (Who will go through semis?)
Sports
Emanuel Guerrero, Writer • April 24, 2024

Which Products of 2023 Should You Buy, and Which Products Should You Skip?

https%3A%2F%2Ftheeverygirl.com%2Fdermatologist-summer-skincare-routine%2F
https://theeverygirl.com/dermatologist-summer-skincare-routine/

The Best Products of 2023

CeraVe – I love CeraVe because they sell affordable, good-quality drugstore products CeraVe offers a variety of products, such as cleansers, moisturizers, serums, toners, sunscreens, and facial treatments. Not only does CeraVe work for all ages, including teens like me, but they also specialize in pretty much every single skin issue known to man, such as acne, dry skin, oily skin, and even eczema! I personally love CeraVe’s Cleanser for Normal to Oily Skin and their AM Facial Moisturizing Lotion because these toned down the oil my face produced while also hydrating my skin and giving me a glowy finish that lasts all day! As a teenager, I never thought I’d find products that help my skin while being gentle enough not to disrupt my skin barrier, but CeraVe does just that, which is why I would 100% recommend this brand to every teenager out there!

SOME BY MI – Next, we have SOME BY MI. If I was breaking out on my face as if I had gotten stung by an entire colony of bees, this brand would be the first thing I’d reach for. This Korean brand is great for sensitive skin that is easily irritated, including acne-prone skin. About two months ago, in the middle of December of 2023, I started breaking out really bad. Normally my breakouts would just be one pimple here and one pimple there, but these pimples were all over my face. I knew that puberty had landed its final strike, and I thought that I was doomed for the rest of my teenage years. However, once I heard about this brand, my terror was over. I bought two products from this brand, their AHA-BHA-PHA 30 Days Miracle Toner, and their AHA-BHA-PHA 30 Days Miracle Cream, and I’m glad I did. In as little as one week my face had been freed from my gigantic pimples, and the acne scars they left also began to fade away just in time before winter break ended. If you’re a teenager going through puberty, or an adult still struggling with acne, I definitely recommend this brand. 

Rhodeskin – Last, but certainly not least, there’s Rhodeskin. Now, typically I’m not a fan of brands created by celebrities, but Haily Bieber made possibly one of the best skincare lines out there. I would recommend this brand to teenagers with troubled skin and anyone older, because not only does this brand give you glass skin but it also uses multitasking formulas that include ceramides and zinc that hydrate and restore the skin. Personally, I love the Glazing Milk and the Peptide Glazing Fluid. While these products are pricey, along with the rest of the brand, I believe that you can’t achieve that dewy “it girl” look without these two products. 

The Worst Products of 2023

Drunk Elephant – Drunk Elephant sells probably the worst products that anyone could put on their face. Not only is this brand WAY overpriced, but they are also not meant for teens and tweens, yet continue to market towards them. The brand does this by making its products colorful and aesthetically pleasing, luring the children in because they look so similar to their toys. However, because of its ingredients that are meant for older skin, these products can permanently damage the skin barrier of children who are buying the products. 

Glow Recipe – Glow Recipe is very similar to Drunk Elephant. They make their products colorful like fruit, petite like a toy, and they charge too much money. In fact, they charge so much that if you were to buy just 3 full-size products it would drain your entire bank account. 

Mario Badescu – Last, and definitely least, we have Mario Badescu. The products this brand produces are the most fragranced products I’ve ever seen. Because of this, the products this brand carries end up irritating skin and could even damage it, believe me, I would know.