The Student News Site of Carl Sandburg Middle School

The Tiger Tribune

The Tiger Tribune

The Tiger Tribune

Photo from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheer_%28TV_series%29
Sports
5 6 7 8 Cheer
Alexa Puga, Writer • April 25, 2024
https://en-academic.com/dic.nsf/enwiki/563111
(WRECKGAR TFA)
A&E
Transformers Character Ramble
Stormii Salgado, Writer • April 25, 2024
Photo from https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/kanye-west-announces-2024-presidential-bid-amid-controversy/
A&E
Do you know Kanye West as well as me?
Alex Strachn, Writer • April 25, 2024
Brian Bulkas story
Opinion
Brian Bulka's story
Jimmy Pogachnik, Writer • April 24, 2024
Champions League Quarter Finals (Who will go through semis?)
Sports
Emanuel Guerrero, Writer • April 24, 2024

Chicago Bears Free Agency

Chicago Bears Free Agency

Ryan Bates:

At the beginning of the pre-free agency the Chicago bears have traded for center Ryan Bates from the Buffalo Bills, this is a great piece to the o-line puzzle that the Bears needed. Ryan Bates started over his 5 year career starting it on the Philadelphia Eagles and the Buffalo Bills, and now the Chicago Bears. According to CBSsports.com “Ryan’s a versatile player. He can actually play all five spots. But most importantly he’s been a center-guard when he’s filled in and we thought when he had his opportunity this year he did a heck of a job starting the last four regular season and then the two postseason games.”  Ryan has allowed 1 sack in 2022 and in the 2023 season he’d let up a whopping 0 sacks.

Kevin Byard:

Kevin Byard was the Eagles free safety for 10 games last year after they had picked him up from the Tennessee Titans. The Chicago Bears Signed him in free agency to a two year, $15 million dollar deal for him. He had 1 interception this year with 3 passes deflected. I agree with this pick up after the Bears have released all-pro safety Eddie Jackson. The Bears secondary will contain Kevin Byard, Jaquan Brisker, Jaylon Johnson, Tyrique Stevenson, and Kyler Gordon. 

D’Andre Swift:

D’Andre Swift has already been in the NFC North before on the team that drafted him 35th overall to the Detroit Lions. Swift has had a major impact on both teams he has played for being the Detroit Lions and the Philadelphia Eagles. Now he will hopefully bring that talent to the Chicago Bears mediocre running back trio. His all time stats consist of 593 attempts, 2,729 rushing yards, 4.6 Average yard per carry, 23 Touchdowns, and 195 Receiving yards.

Gerald Everett:

The Chicago Bears have signed Los Angeles Chargers tight end Gerald Everett to a two year, $12 million dollar deal. The current starting tight end for the Bears is Cole Kmet, who is a very unrated player in the league, with his great blocking and receiving attributes. Everett is a great addition to this soon to be great duo of tight ends with the other new addition to the coaching staff Shane Waldron frequently using a two tight end set. His all time career stats according to ESPN consist of “284 receptions, 2,883 receiving yards, 10.0 average yards per reception, longest reception was 69 yards, and 19 total Touchdowns in his career with the Los Angeles Rams in 2017 to 2020, Then the Seattle Seahawks for one season in the 2021 season, and the Los Angeles Chargers from 2022 to 2023.”